My thoughts about working at the cinema


                I've never thought that I would ever work in a cinema. I'm interested in cinematography for about 3 years so I was frequent guest of the local cinema. I observed the work of the young people there and I loved the atmosphere of this place. Then I had an opportunity to start my part-time job there and I regret nothing!
                I'm part of a huge company. I bet you all know this cinema (maybe you even watched a movie there) but I won't give you its name. I was so scared of this place and at the same time so fascinated by it. Most of the employees are students like me. Everyone is so kind. In the beginning I had big problems with remembering our computer program (I'm a cashier, so if you want a ticket, you should visit me). It wasn't that much complicated but we had a lot of rules and discounts to remember. But now I'm so confident and I can answer almost every question ( I still don't remember the prices at the bar but, you know, I don't sell popcorn, I just give you help with choosing the right seats).
                I've met a lot of new people and even I refreshed  my friendship from high school because my friend works with me! What's more, I have opportunity to talk in English - some people come to us from time to time. I'm so stressed when it comes to selling product in another language and I'm always forgetting how we say "row" in English (I hope I'll finally remember after writing it here). However, in the end I'm quite proud of myself that I can talk with people with different accents and actually selling them something.
                Thanks to working at the cinema I know new repertoire every week. If you're not sure about the premiere of particular movie, you can ask me. I'll probably know the date. But, the sad part of working there is that I don't actually have time to see any movie. Since October  (the month when I've started the job), I saw only one movie. I missed lot of films that I really wanted to see. I'm currently waiting for "Little women" based on Louisa May Alcott's book and I'm sensing the absolute success. I promised myself that I'll see the movie in the first week after the Polish premiere. I'm going to keep my promise.
                Sometimes the clients are unfairly mean but we really can't do much about it. We have to nod and smile like it wasn't really a terrible thing for us. But apart from that unpleasing experience, I really enjoy this job. This is the most important, right?  

Komentarze

  1. How disappointing! I would have thought that you could watch as many movies as you like, working in a cinema. I guess it's just a matter of not enough free time - nobody can give you that! Anyway, 'Little Women' has great reviews, so it'll definitely be worth seeing. I can't wait either! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

How did I meet my best friend?

Silent Hill 2 as a perfect game to play in Spookoctober (but I recommend you to play this every time of year)